As we prepare for the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus, there are some precautions hotel managers and staff can take to improve guest and employee health and safety. Early evidence suggests that the virus that causes COVID-19 can spread more easily than the virus that causes seasonal influenza, and it appears that the COVID-19 disease is more deadly than seasonal influenza.
- Switch to and use disinfectant products that have been pre-approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use against emerging viral pathogens
- Linens may become contaminated with the virus, so it is also important to add disinfectant when washing laundry
- Train housekeeping staff to use the disinfectants safely and correctly
- Public spaces and the front desk need to be cleaned frequently
- Train hotel staff and post signage to remind guests and workers to wash hands with soap and warm water frequently
- MORE IN ARTICLE